“Hi, We had a great time at the house.”
It was perfect though could do with a hook on the back of the main bathroom door to hang clothes, and a loo brush! This however is very minor, the house was beautiful, had a lovely view, was relaxing and had everything else we needed for a week long stay. It was very well situated to explore the whole Lewis and Harris. Thankyou.
- Four bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor king-size with en-suite with walk-in shower, basin, heated towel rail and WC, 1 x ground-floor double, 1 x ground-floor single, 1 x family with king-size and single
- Ground-floor bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Open-plan sitting and dining room with woodburning stove
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, hob, grill, microwave, fridge, drinks fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher
- Smart TV, Bluetooth speaker, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and travel cot available on request
- Parking for 4 cars
- Secure garden with lawns, garden furniture and barbecue
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 10.1 miles, pub 10.5 miles
- Note: Though electricity is included in the rent, electric for charging cars is not included in the rental
- Note: Please bring own linen for travel cot
- Note: Please bear in mind that this property is located on an island and therefore only accessible by plane or ferry
New to the holiday letting market and renovated to a high standard, the owner of Achmore Schoolhouse has created a beautifully relaxing and appealing conversion of the old village school-house.
The views from the house are astonishing as the Lewis landscape extends for miles across endless lochs to the far reaches of the Uig and Harris Hills. The view can change quickly; one minute startlingly bright with glittering lochans and vibrant heather and the next it may be brooding and ethereal as clouds build and the colours of the landscape reflect the closing in of the day. Whatever weather Lewis shares with you - staying here will give you a sense of space, peace and tranquillity.
The location couldn't be better as the house is just off the road which connects the East coast with the West coast and just a short drive from the main Lewis to Harris road which facilitates easy traveling through the whole of both islands. The famous Callanish Stones are only 10 minutes away and after dwelling on the ancient site there is nothing better than a delicious lunch at the Callanish Visitor Centre which is open year round apart from Sundays.
The two ferry terminals which serve the islands of Lewis and Harris are 20 minutes and 40 minutes respectively from the schoolhouse.
Children and babies are welcome and a cot and highchair can be provided.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
View on map
About the location
Arnol 14.5 miles; Callanish Stones 16 miles.
Stornoway is the only town in the Outer Hebrides and is a bustling and growing area with a busy working harbour, a great selection of shops selling local gifts including Harris Tweed, leisure facilities and wonderful award-winning restaurants selling locally sourced food of the highest quality. Lewis is a place where the lilting Gaelic language is spoken everywhere! Visitors to the town will find plenty to keep them occupied, the magnificent Lews Castle Grounds and the iconic Lews Castle, many good museums and art galleries and also a smart golf course and clubhouse. The large, quiet sandy beaches are close by and provide visitors with wonderful views and the town itself forms a great base for a holiday exploring the unique islands that form the Outer Hebrides. On the north west side of Lewis you can visit the village of Arnol with its Blackhouse Museum, an unmissable visit for anyone wanting to understand the way of life that was once widespread in Lewis. Carloway Broch is nearby and is another fascinating landmark and incredibly well preserved. The Callanish Stones from the Neolithic are also well worth visiting. The whalebone arch and numerous Iron Age dwellings on stunning Bosta beach make for great days out. The friendliness of the local people will astound visitors to the islands and you cannot fail to be impressed with the genteel and contented pace of life you will encounter here.
Note: Though electricity is included in the rent, electric for charging cars is not included in the rental. Note: Please bear in mind that this property is located on an island and therefore only accessible by plane or ferry
This property offers the following short breaks: