- Little Glenforsa is available only as late availability if the main house (Glenforsa House) is not booked.
- Panoramic views across the Sound of Mull to the Green Isles and Morvern peninsula
- Shoreline at the bottom of the wild garden
- Large well tended grounds and summer house
- Fishing on the Forsa by arrangement - 2 rods available see notes below
- Craignure Ferry - 20 minute drive
- Fishnish Ferry - 10 minute drive
- Tobermory - 20 minute drive
- Salen - restaurant, cafe and grocery store - 5 minute drive
- Linen and towels included
- All fuel included
- 2 dogs by agreement - £20 per dog
- No smoking
- Fishing is available for 1 or 2 rods during the season, either for the week or by the day. The River Forsa, a minutes walk from the bottom of the garden, offers nearly 7 miles of double bank fishing with 47 named pools from 'Sea Wall Pool' just above the foreshore to the 'Big Stone Pool' up the glen. A 4x4 can be driven up the glen to access these pools. The fishing season on Mull runs from the 11 February to the end of October for salmon and from the 1st June for sea trout. Sunday fishing is prohibited in Scotland.
- All on one level:
- Living/kitchen/dining room
- King size bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Bathroom with bath, shower over bath, toilet and wash hand basin
|2017 rental rates||
2018 rental rates
|Low Season Jan, Feb, March||£350|
|2018 rental rates||
2017 rental rates
|Jan||1 - 8||8 - 15||15 - 22||22 - 29||29 - 5|
|Feb||5 - 12||12 - 19||19 - 26||26 - 5|
|Mar||5 - 12||12 - 19||19 - 26||26 - 2|
|Apr||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 7|
|May||7 - 14||14 - 21||21 - 28||28 - 4|
|Jun||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 2|
|Jul||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 6|
|Aug||6 - 13||13 - 20||20 - 27||27 - 3|
|Sep||3 - 10||10 - 17||17 - 24||24 - 1|
|Oct||1 - 8||8 - 15||15 - 22||22 - 29||29 - 5|
|Nov||5 - 12||12 - 19||19 - 26||26 - 3|
|Dec||3 - 10||10 - 17||17 - 24||24 - 31||31 - 7|
|Jan||7 - 14||14 - 21||21 - 28||28 - 4|
|Feb||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 4|
|Mar||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 1|
|Apr||1 - 8||8 - 15||15 - 22||22 - 29||29 - 6|
|May||6 - 13||13 - 20||20 - 27||27 - 3|
|Jun||3 - 10||10 - 17||17 - 24||24 - 1|
|Jul||1 - 8||8 - 15||15 - 22||22 - 29||29 - 5|
|Aug||5 - 12||12 - 19||19 - 26||26 - 2|
|Sep||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 7|
|Oct||7 - 14||14 - 21||21 - 28||28 - 4|
|Nov||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 2|
|Dec||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 6|
|Short break prices|
Little Glenforsa is the wee brother of Glenforsa House, yet well appointed and enjoying the same glorious views, extensive gardens, access to fishing and the summer house. If the main house is not booked, and at late notice we can let Little Glenforsa on its own. It may also be added on to bookings for Glenforsa House for parties of 10.
Situated on the east coast of Mull, but only a short drive from the west, this is a great location to enjoy exploring the whole island. head up to the colourful town of Tobermory and sample some of the excellent seafood restaurants or head over to the fabulous sparkling white sands of Calgary Bay. Hill walkers can soon be at the set off point for Benmore, Mull's Munro, from the summit of which are tremendous views out to sea and other islands and encompassing views right up to the north of the island - a spectacular climb.
For those able to take advantage of travelling at the last minute this is definitely one to watch!
- Electric heating
- Electric log effect stove
- TV and DVD player
- Electric oven and grill
- 4 electric hobs
- Washing machine/dryer
- Garden furniture
- Eating Out - Restaurants 20 minutes drive. Our favourite is 'Cafe Fish' Tobermory but close second is The White House Lochaline by foot passenger on the Fishnish Ferry.
- 4 * equivalent or higher properties - High end luxury house.
- Child Friendly - Children welcome
- Internet/Wifi - Wi-fi included
- Beaches - 5 minute walk to Glenforsa beach where otters can be seen occasionally. Variety of birds.
- Fishing & Stalking - River fishing available. Please see text for details.
- Golf - 9 hole courses at Craignure and also at Tobermory (challenging course so bring lots of golf balls)
- Hillwalking - Benmore - over 3,000 ft Munro. Also walk up Bentalla (Corbett) from the house
- Remote or secluded - Secluded but not remote
- Watersports/outdoor activities - Sea-kayaking in the surrounding waters.
- Wildlife & Birdwatching - Sea eagles breed on the island and can be seen frequently. Otters are seen regularly along the coast close to the house. Birds in profusion close to the house and along the shore
Calmac Ferry from Oban to Craignure or from Lochaline to Fishnish Caledonia overnight sleeper train from London to Glasgow Central arriving 7am. A short taxi connects the rail link from Glasgow Queen street to Oban - 3 hours of spectacular scenery to connect to Ferry. Car hire in Oban
March 2017 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
April 2017 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 1