- Situated in the Cairngorms National Park
- Secluded and private riverside position
- Song birds and red squirrels in garden; otter occasionally in river
- Walking distance from Carrbridge, via beautiful riverside path
- Pony trekking stables across footbridge with several other riding stables in the local area
- Golf: Carrbridge 9 hole course 5 minutes walk
- Boat of Garten and Spey Valley Championship 5 miles
- Grantown on Spey - 15 minutes drive
- Inverness airport - 40 minutes drive
- Fishing and stalking available on local estates
- Bike, ski and snowboard hire in the area
- Asda grocery delivery
- Watersports centres
- Whisky distilleries
- Art galleries
- Gliding centre
- Wildlife safaris
- Osprey viewing in Abernethy Forest
- Ski centre 20 minutes
- Kincraig Wildlife Park - 25 minutes drive
- Linen and towels included
- Logs included
- Sorry no pets
- No smoking
- Huge open living area incorporating kitchen, dining room and living room with an amazing wall of glass, wood burning stove and contemporary furnishing.
- Super king size bedroom with en suite shower room with shower, toilet and wash hand basin
- Twin bedroom with TV
- King size bedroom with en suite shower room with shower, toilet and wash hand basin
- Family bathroom with steam/shower room; long egg shaped bath, wash hand basin and toilet
- Open plan spiral staircase rises to the upper gallery floor:
- Bedroom with triple bunk beds - (lower double and upper single) plus a further single bed. This is an ideal family room or children's room. Access is by a spiral staircase.
- Sitting area with futon and TV for games etc.
- Boot room
- Bike and ski storage shed.
- Please note that the house no longer features a hot tub as shown in the brochure.
|2016 rental rates||
2017 rental rates
|Low Season Jan-Mar||£1,150|
|Mid Season Spring||£1,350|
|2017 rental rates||
2016 rental rates
|Jan||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 6|
|Feb||6 - 13||13 - 20||20 - 27||27 - 5|
|Mar||5 - 12||12 - 19||19 - 26||26 - 2|
|Apr||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 7|
|May||7 - 14||14 - 21||21 - 28||28 - 4|
|Jun||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 2|
|Jul||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 6|
|Aug||6 - 13||13 - 20||20 - 27||27 - 3|
|Sep||3 - 10||10 - 17||17 - 24||24 - 1|
|Oct||1 - 8||8 - 15||15 - 22||22 - 29||29 - 5|
|Nov||5 - 12||12 - 19||19 - 26||26 - 3|
|Dec||3 - 10||10 - 17||17 - 24||24 - 31||31 - 7|
|Jan||7 - 14||14 - 21||21 - 28||28 - 4|
|Feb||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 4|
|Mar||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 1|
|Apr||1 - 8||8 - 15||15 - 22||22 - 29||29 - 6|
|May||6 - 13||13 - 20||20 - 27||27 - 3|
|Jun||3 - 10||10 - 17||17 - 24||24 - 1|
|Jul||1 - 8||8 - 15||15 - 22||22 - 29||29 - 5|
|Aug||5 - 12||12 - 19||19 - 26||26 - 2|
|Sep||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 7|
|Oct||7 - 14||14 - 21||21 - 28||28 - 4|
|Nov||4 - 11||11 - 18||18 - 25||25 - 2|
|Dec||2 - 9||9 - 16||16 - 23||23 - 30||30 - 6|
|Short break prices|
|Low Season Jan-Mar 3 nights, commencing Friday (2016)||£850|
|Mid Season Spring 3 nights, commencing Friday (2016)||£1,200|
The architect who designed this property, for his own use, spent 8 years searching for the perfect site on which to build this stunning home which is quite a property to behold! Occupying a magnificent south facing position alongside the River Dulnain in Carrbridge, it is a striking contemporary build of high design, incorporating huge glass walls to fully open the interior to views of the river and surrounding countryside. The lodge nestles below a hillside of trees and immediately above the river with no immediate neighbours.
The main open plan living space faces the river and is fronted by a wall of glass, blurring the division between inside and out; the surroundings become an intrinsic part of the property's interior. The impressive amount of natural light , the use of raw materials and the proximity of the lush outside world transforms the interior. The endless views of trees are arresting, while bold accents, smart fittings and sharp furnishings further enliven the space and the fine structural detail is ever present.
Within the house is an emphasis on textures of stone, wood and metal which all work together well. Features include pebbles border in the main room and large stone display in the main bathroom.
The use of lime green, black and muted greys all combine to enhance the atmosphere and lime green wall panels add an invigorating touch. Calming blues lead through to the bedrooms and the use of aqua in the kitchen and bathroom contrast perfectly. The kitchen is integrated into the main living space; the furniture is clean lined and contemporary with light reflecting glass surfaces, black leather and metal chairs.
Underfloor heating, combined with natural light and heat absorbing black tiles, allows the doors to be left open in spring and autumn. The wide windows mean subtle changes in weather are always apparent, making Allt Beag truly the perfect property from which to appreciate Scotland's rich, seasonal variation and wildlife.
The river, just a few metres from the house, changes with the season, either gently and peacefully flowing past or, in spate, surging and roaring by. Relaxing on the deck overlooking the river, is idyllic at all times of the year but winter holds an especially magnificent treat with the spectacular star displays.
The Cairngorms National Park is Scotland's premier visitor attraction with an astonishing amount of activities to enjoy. For those with children the Landmark Visitor centre, with its brilliant water chutes, is only a 5 minute drive or even walking distance. There is a river walk to the village of Carrbridge and the next village, Boat of Garten, is well known for its steam railway and osprey viewing sites.
Skiing at Aviemore and a wealth of mountains to choose to climb; mountain biking, river rafting, gorge walking and many more outdoor activities can all be pursued from this wonderful base.
The lodge can comfortably accommodate 8 adults and 2 children.
Please note the driveway to the property is best accessed with a 4 wheel drive vehicle.
- Underfloor heating
- Contemporary wood burning stove
- Wide screen TV and DVD player
- Wii computer game
- SKY TV package with sports and movies
- Second TV/DVD in twin bedroom
- Music centre
- Professional 6 hob gas range with electric oven
- Food mixer
- Washing machine
- Cot and highchair
- Broadband Internet Access -
- Mobile phone reception (check your network)
- Eating Out - Cafe and restaurant within walking distance
- Grocery Delivery - Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda deliver to this area
- Horse Riding - Horse riding close by - walking distance.
- Of Historic or Architectural Interest - Interesting architecturally.
- Child Friendly - Children welcome but close proximity to river.
- Disabled / Less Abled Access - Ground floor bedrooms and shower rooms but not suitable for wheelchair.
- Internet/Wifi - Wireless broadband
- Fishing & Stalking - In the area. permits from local shop.
- Golf - Boat of Garten 5 miles
- Hillwalking - Abundance of hills and mountains.
- Remote or secluded - Secluded position by the riverside.
- Watersports/outdoor activities - Watersports centres
- Wildlife & Birdwatching - Excellent area for deer, foxes, badgers, pine martens, hares etc.
Drive times: Inverness airport - 40 minutes Aberdeen airport - 2 hours Glasgow airport - 2 hours 50 mins Edinburgh airport - 2 hours 25 mins
July 2016 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
August 2016 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
September 2016 Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 1 2